Let me start by saying, I tried on 50+ wedding dresses and made appointments at multiple boutiques. I even considered making a special trip out to NYC with my mom and sister to go dress shopping. But then I hear about Bridal Boutique in Lewisville, TX and the hunt for my dress and vail came to a quick halt. It turns out there was no need for a trip to NYC, but more conveniently, just a 20 minute trip outside of Dallas most definitely was.
Being the indecisive and creative/ADD individual that I am, I thought dress shopping would be a difficult task for me. I could just imagine myself in so many different styles of wedding dresses, so I truly went into it with an open mind. I wasn’t the bride that knew exactly what she wanted to wear on her wedding day. And if you’re in the same boat, nothing is wrong with that!
BB Lewisville made my dress shopping experience unlike any other. I made my rounds before visiting this boutique and they really make you feel special here. First of all, the store is so cute & girly — you really get all the bridal feels! They even put your name up on a chalk board with your wedding date that you see when you walk in and serve you bubbly while you shop!
From an influencer working in the fashion industry, they do an amazing job buying for this store. Bridal Boutique has the largest selection of wedding dresses in TX…and let me tell you, they have A LOT! The large selection of dresses is also complimented by a great range in pricing. They have dresses from the $2,000-$10,000+ range. Additionally, they have a great selection of veils and the close relationships they’ve built with designers allows them to explore customization options. For instance, I wanted to add 2 extra feet to my veil for a more dramatic look and they were easily able to make that happen!
I highly recommend adding Bridal Boutique to your MUST list of places to go wedding dress shopping! If you make an appointment here, do yourself a favor and request Debra to be your stylist. She is the absolute sweetest, has the best energy, and makes you feel like the beautiful bride that you are! Below are a few tips and things I learned about wedding dress shopping after my own experience.
After my wedding dress shopping experience, here is my two cents:
- Create a Pinterest board that is separate from your overall wedding inspo and ONLY wedding dress inspo. Once you are engaged (or before that if you’re psycho like me) start saving dresses you love. Before you go dress shopping, sum up what all of your dress inspo photos have in common. Think silhouette, embellishments, texture/fabric, neckline, color, designers, etc.
- Schedule appointments at multiple boutiques and call ahead to see if they carry the designers you like, dresses in your price range, and if they might be having any upcoming trunk shows.
- Go into your appointments with an open mind and positive outlook. This is such a special time and not something to really stress out about! Dress shopping should be fun — so bring your MOH or bridesmaids, and have some champagne while you’re at it 🙂
- Try on a VARIETY of styles, even if you think you have your mind made up on a certain type. You only get to do this once in your life and in my opinion, it’s better to try them all so you never have to question your final decision!
- Make this one of the first things you check off your list! Most places have a 4-6 month lead time (depending on the designer) and you have to give yourself enough time for fittings as well.
If you are married, what was your biggest lesson learned while wedding dress shopping? Any advice for brides on the hunt for a wedding dress?
Great sharing, As a girl we are meticulous when finding wedding dresses. thanks for the help.