I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — nothing helps you stick to your fitness goals quite like some fresh activewear! And let’s be real, after the new years resolution excitement has subsided, we all need as much motivation as we can get. I will be completely honest and tell you I binged on eating starting Thanksgiving and through the end of 2015….so the start to 2016 has been kicking my ass!! However, getting back into a routine has never felt so good. Here are a few tips on sticking to your fitness goals:
- New workout gear – at the top of the list for obvious reasons!! The better you feel about the way you look working out, the more motivated you’ll be to get your butt to the gym! I love a bright colorful sports bra, but especially one with a strappy back (so flattering/sexy) that still supports that ta-ta’s. I also believe investing in a solid pair of black leggings is a must for the ladies. I’m not talking about a pair of black cotton leggings you wear under your ski gear, but a nice pair of leggings that both flatter and smooth out the legs.
- Accountability – find a friend or significant other that will hold you accountable on the days you don’t feel like getting your workout in or having another cheat meal. But make sure it’s a friend that’s not afraid to tell you what’s up. After all…that’s what friends are for!
- Make a good playlist – second to cute new workout gear, music motivates me to get the job done. Try creating a new workout playlist or listening to more upbeat music on your way home from work. I always find that if I listen to slow music on my way home from a long work day that going to the gym is the last thing I’ll want to do after getting home!
- Set reasonable goals & stop comparing – most women have unreasonable health goals because we’re so hard on ourselves, but setting yourself up for failure is going to do the opposite of keeping you motivated. Set reasonable health and fitness goals, stick to them, and celebrate your milestones! Every woman’s body is different, so comparing yourself to someone with a completely different body type will only get you down in the dumps. Embrace your body type and make it your goal to be the healthiest version YOU can be!
- Treat yourself – last but definitely not least — you’ve just gotta treat yourself! I owned a nutritional counseling business for 4 years and always told me clients that deprivation of anything is never good for the body. Instead, allow yourself a reprieve here and there. Everything in moderation is key!
What helps you stick to your fitness goals and keeps you motivated? I would love to hear what works for you in the comments below!