It’s no secret that sneakers have made their mark over the last year. From the runways, to models off-duty, and the rest of the street style scene…we are realizing sneakers can be paired with literally anything. And yes, this includes skirts. Here are 5 tips on how to rock this sneaker-and-skirt trend:
5 Tips on Wearing Sneaker-And-Skirt Trend
- Proper pairing: low-tops with mini skirts, high-tops with maxi skirts, trainers with colorful midi skirts, slip-ons with pencil skirts.
- Don’t over-do it: color coordinate, but don’t worry about being too matchy-matchy. My rule of thumb: incorporate 1 color from your shoes into another piece of your outfit (a mustard yellow clutch would’ve been ideal here…don’t worry, I’m on the hunt).
- Accentuate: if it’s a mini skirt — low-tops, always. Why? Because this will make your legs look longer and help avoid frumpy syndrome (where you feel way too boy-ish). Try a leather mini like the one I’m wearing here for adding a touch of sophistication to your look.
- Make a statement: an earring, necklace, or girly printed blouse are all great options for adding femininity to your look.
- Element of surprise: that’s what this look is all about! Keep it fun, casual, cool, and quirky. When in doubt, let your sneakers do the talking.
What do y’all think about wearing sneakers with skirts? I would love to hear your opinions below. Happy Monday and thank you for stopping by! XO