You know you’re getting old when the highlight of your year is upgrading to a King size mattress. Am I right? After moving into a new house and starting completely over on furniture/decor, we had to make a list of things we needed and prioritize them accordingly. Upgrading to a King size mattress was at the top of our list! Although the queen size worked (okay not really), it was time to get a new mattress anyways. I was told you’re supposed to replace your mattress every 10 years…so if that’s the case, we were way overdue! Not to mention….buying a home was adult AF, it seemed like this was the obvious next step.
It’s kind of an ongoing joke between Kyle and I that I’m like krewella devil in the mornings if I haven’t had a good nights sleep. So you can imagine (with our old Queen mattress) what 2 spare inches between our bodies, sinking to the middle, and a snoring man would look like on me in the mornings. NOT PLEASANT FOR HIM. With all of that being said, the mattress became an extra high priority 😉 So we teamed up with 4SleepUSA to take the leap from Queen to King at the start of the year and seriously couldn’t be happier! We are now going on 6 months with the mattress and I kid you not we still talk about how incredible it is when we crawl into bed at night.
Before writing this post I wanted some time experiencing the bed so I could give you guys my honest review and make sure it actually lived up to all the hype. In fact, what I like the most about 4SleepUSA is that they have a 100 day policy for you to try the mattress out at home and if you don’t like it you can send it back! Obviously we’re loving ours and here are the main reasons why:
- They ship directly to your house in an air compressed bag that is then placed into a box, so dealing with the hassle of scheduling a home delivery or strapping a mattress to your truck is not a worry here! (it’s also really fun to watch the mattress expand when you take it out of the packaging haha)
- The outer material of the mattress is super soft to touch…think memory foam pillow covering 🙂 If you wanted to, you could sleep on it without any sheets, that’s how lovely it is!
- Your guaranteed satisfaction because of the 100-night risk free trial and you also get a 10 yr warranty on your mattress
- NO SINKING*** I feel like this is important to mention because a lot of couples have this same struggle we did. We would wake up with our backs hurting and there’s nothing worse than that!
- The mattresses have a cooling gel memory foam, meaning it adjusts to the temperature of your bodies
- The motion control feature is incredible and probably my favorite part. For light sleepers this a game changer because you don’t feel your partner rolling around during sleep
- Kyle is probably going to kill me for saying this, but he started snooring every night and it progressively got worse. Since I go to sleep after him it was hard for me to fall asleep, but since switching to this mattress I kid you not he doesn’t snore anymore!!
If you’re in the market for a new mattress, whether that’s upgrading to a King or even a Queen…I highly recommend giving 4Sleep a try. Although this is a sponsored post, Kyle and I have told so many of our friends about it because the only negative thing we have to say about it is that it’s hard for us to get out of bed!!
We still have some work to do on our master in terms of decor, but I will hopefully be sharing a full reveal with you guys very soon so stay tuned 🙂
*this post is brought to you in collaboration with 4Sleep Mattress. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.